Dogs and cats are now living longer thanks to advances is veterinary medicine and pro-active pet owners like yourself.
The Apple Grove Veterinary Care team would like to help detect any age-related changes early, to keep your pet’s quality of life at its best. Diagnostic testing may be done to evaluate blood and/or urine for problems that may not be visible on physical examination.
Does your pet act its age?
By age 7, many pets are feeling the aches and pains of aging, and they can't tell us what's wrong. Older pets' joints and organs may not function as efficiently. Diseases such as diabetes, cataracts, arthritis, hypothyroidism and cancer can also affect pets. These diseases can go unnoticed in their early stages and many develop rapidly, making regular examinations and blood testing very important.
Pet owners play a key role in maintaining their pet's health. You know your pet better than anyone else! Please notify the veterinarian if you are seeing any changes in your senior pet.
Ask about our Senior Pet Wellness Program starting at 7 years of age!
Save over 30% on the following services included in the Senior Pet Wellness Program:
- Office Visit
- Comprehensive Physical Examination
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) to evaluate red and white blood cells and platelets
- Thyroid Test
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Blood Profile to check enzymes of the liver, pancreas, and kidneys, and check for diabetes, endocrine diseases, electrolytes, calcium, phosphorus and blood proteins
- Urinalysis to check for infection and crystals that can lead to bladder/ kidney stones
- Nutritional Consultation
- Oral Examination including grading of dental disease